- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- Up to 3 cups shredded cabbage or carrots
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cups sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds or sun flower seeds
- Top Ramen type noodles without the seasoning
This is a great salad, but it's best to keep the topping separate from the vegetables until right before you eat or the noodles can get soggy.
Mix the vinegar, oil, soy sauce and sugar in a measuring cup.
Cut the cabbage in thin strips and pick out any thick pieces. You can also add grated carrots, radish or parsnips.
Add the green onion. I like mine cut small and I use a lot of the green part. Be sure to use a really sharp knife and cut all the way through. Put the grated vegetables in a big bowl and pour on the oil mixture.
Heat the butter in a pan, throw in the sesame seeds, and add the nuts.
Crush up the ramen noodles and add that to the pan. Brown the mixture a little then save it off in a separate bowl.
When serving put some of the cabbage mixture in each bowl and top with the ramen mixture.